Our Emails and You
We want our customer emails to offer relevant and useful information and make our service better. This page explains what emails we send to you and why – we hope you like them! If you want to stop receiving them, you can opt out at any time by visiting our ‘Opt Me Out Please’ page, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the footer of any of our emails.
When you provide us with information to process a quote we will also collect your email address. We use this to send helpful transactional emails about your quote, and if you choose to use us, your booking. If you choose to use our services, we will also ask you for mobile number(s) to enable the Transport Partner to confirm your moving day details. We process your data and send these emails on the basis that we have a Legitimate Interest in helping you with our services. You can opt out of these emails at any time by visiting our ‘Opt Me Out Please’ page, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any of our emails. Examples of the transactional emails/SMS we send include:
- An initial quote email – this provides you with a link that ‘saves’ your quote details
- A follow-up quote email – asking if we can help you with any questions about your quote
Then, if you choose to use us, we will send:
- A booking email – confirming successful payment and confirmation of your move date
- A job info email – containing information about your transport partner
- Transport Partner SMS – providing information about the arrival time
- A ‘Track my Van’ SMS – providing a link to a web page where you can track your van
- A feedback request email – asking you to rate our services
Note that if you have chosen to use us you cannot opt out of these emails, as they are essential to managing your booking and making sure everything goes smoothly!
Other emails about our services
We may also use your email to send information about similar AnyVan services, features, and promotions that we think will be of interest and relevance to you based on what you initially asked us to help you with. We send these emails on the basis that we have a Legitimate Interest in helping you with our services. You can opt out of these emails at any time by visiting our ‘Opt Me Out Please’ page, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any of our emails. Examples of the transactional emails/SMS we send include:
- An invitation to our refer a friend program – where we provide you with a 5% discount for your friend
- Updates on new features on our website – for example, the launch of a new app
- Promotions and discounts for delivery and removal services – for example, a Spring Clearance offer of £10 off
- Tips and guides relating to a service you purchased – for example, a home improvement guide if you recently used us for a Removal
Emailing you offers from other brands
We will not send you promotions or offers from 3rd party brands unless you have explicitly opted in to receive these. You can opt out of these emails at any time by visiting our ‘Opt Me Out Please’ page, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any of our emails.
‘Legitimate Interests’ are the basis for our data processing
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience.
For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws.
Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
No matter what you are moving: from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.
Save up to 75% on your deliveries and removals.